methodist crossChrist Church United Methodist

1717 Yulupa Ave.
Santa Rosa, CA 95405
Corner of Hoen and Yulupa
707-542-2569
office@srchristchurch.org
Office Hours: T-TH 9am-2pm


Worship Sundays 9:30 AM


Home Our Story Worship Ministries Outreach Our Staff Upcoming Events
the 1960s In December of 1962, Christ Church United Methodist, a member of the California-Nevada Conference of the United Methodist Church, held its first service in space rented from the Odd Fellows (IOOF). The first service in its present location was held in early 1966.
the 1970s

In 1975, Christ Methodist Nursery School formed.

In 1976, the Susannah Wesley Hall was built to provide classrooms and community meeting space.

the 1980s

In July 1984, a fire destroyed the sanctuary and adjoining classrooms.

Christ Church's congregation marched with banners and song from its temporary Matanzas location to its present sanctuary building in August of 1986.

The Harvest for the Hungry Garden was started.


Harvest for the Hungry garden established on premises 1987.
the 1990s

convertible and marchers in gay pride parade

In 1997, CCUM became a reconciling congregation. That means Christ Church invites and welcomes people from all walks of life, regardless of age, gender, race socioeconomic or ethnic background, sexual orientation, gender identity, and physical and mental ability to join us as full participants in our faith community.

the 2000s  

In July 2005, CCUM, in partnership with Shomrei Torah, established Elisha's Pantry. Bethlehem Lutheran joined the effort some time later. The Pantry fed 275 households per month in 2010.

the 2010s NBOPIn 2013, Christ Church became a partner with North Bay Organizing Project, a community grassroots advocacy group organizing for social, economic, racial and environmental justice.